Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Day in the Life...

So, my name is Emily and I just want to take a minute and give you a little preview of my life...

I will try and keep it short... though I admit... I really enjoy writing. :)

So today I woke up @ 6:15am and rolled off my bed, which happens to be perched on top of two others. Lol... yes it is a triple bunk and the ceiling is close... really close. This however is not my permanent housing but that gets a little confusing. I'm a Core Advisor at the Honor Academy which is part of Teen Mania Ministries. I don't know if you have ever heard of Global Expeditions, Ron Luce, Acquire the Fire or Battle Cry... but if any of those ring a bell then now you know a little about where I work.

As a Core Advisor I have a group of 10 girls that I mentor. They are split... 5 in one room and 5 in another. I have been spending the nights in their rooms recently which is why I said before that it is not permanent. I usually crash in a room right down the hall from them but... I know its going to be hard saying good bye to them in August so I want to spend as much time with them as I can.

I ate breakfast with one of my room mates in the cafeteria. We got there around 7:10am. Breakfast was "pigs in a blanket". I'm originally from NY so this was a "whole new world" when I first came. First... what are pigs in a blanket... and do you really eat them for breakfast? But I'll admit Texas has become not only well known to me but well liked... though never perfect. But what is besides the Lord?

By 7:30am I was seated in class... CA (Core Advisor) Development. The teaching was awesome. We are learning about how to dig into people's hearts to uncover the deep cry they have for the Lord. When this is revealed... people don't want to walk in sin anymore. Sin isn't a surface issue, neither is loving the Lord... we need to dig deep not just offer behavior modifications for ourselves and others.

And then it was off to work, fondly known as my ministry placement, by 9:00am which I will tell you more about some other time...

No comments: