Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Imparting the FIRE

So I was thinking… I LOVE GOD!!!! Its true. For real. No, I don’t think you understand. I REALLY mean it. I’m not just saying it… I love Him!!!! I love the way He pursues me. I love His faithfulness. I love His patience and His strong determination to see completion and wholeness and fullness in my life. This is a head over heals, overtaken by a tidal wave, walking on water, soaring through air, screaming at the top of my lungs, so full I could burst kinda love.

Now, if I were a youth pastor… how would I share this LOVE? How would I impart it? This burning passion that is so real to me that has become so awakened inside of me… how would I spread the truth that God desires so desperately to awake them with His overwhelming love as well?

How do you impart something that is so real to you but not to them? Here are some of my thoughts on this…

First of all… PRAYER!!!!!
Prayer is essential. Destinies are both spiritual and natural. We must learn to fight things out in the spiritual before we ever try to force them in the natural.

And secondly… LIVE LIFE!!!!!
We need to learn how to live life with other people and just be burning ourselves. True burning is LOVE.

What are your thoughts on spreading true life among the youth of today?

No comments: